You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Stills-Figurines


This little salt shaker is the only thing my cowboy has of his grandmother's. It's chipped but he loves it.



This is my favorite thing from my grandmother in Wales. I never met her but I'm sure she is very special.



This little guy holds some special meaning to us. One time when we leaders for a 4-H light horse club we had a Halloween costume party at the indoor arena with our horses. The only costume we had that fit our youngest daughter was a Santa Claus suit, so I made antlers and a red nose just like this for her horse. They made a really cute pair.



I guess this is more a sculpture than a figurine. Our oldest daughter bought it for us because she said that is how she always remembered us (we've been in love for a long time).



But I think these are the most appropriate for a Sunday.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice choices. :)

Sandy Trefger said...

Ahh the little blue bird shaker is so sweet! And I love the white horse figurine! A very nice collection for Sunday Stills

Sandy
From the Heart of Texas
Statues for Sunday Stills

Anonymous said...

Wonderful series! Some are real cute! :D

~WildBlack

Crystal said...

Hehe you used an elmer too!

Anonymous said...

I love the cowboy kissing his girl standing next to the horse!!!

VioletSky said...

your little salt shaker is adorable. we used to have a set very similar to this one and I went through a period of thinking they were rather tacky and talked my mother into getting rid of them. now I wish we had them!

Shirley said...

Some of the ones I didn't photograph for this challenge ( I was in a hurry) are a couple of figurines that Ted has that were his grandma's. Family treasures don't have to be the best looking, because they have a special place in our hearts that makes them the most beautiful to us.

Anonymous said...

lovely collection. My daughter and son-in-law have the same horse sculpture.

Anonymous said...

ha hah i loved the 3rd pic' (but juz a suggestion, u culd'v made a great background for the pic, like put 'm on a window to a field or somthing.... :) )

LindaG said...

Great stuff and great memories. :)