You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grandsons


Our daughter came again and brought her two little boys to cheer me up and they did (how could those sweet little faces not make my heart melt?)

They got to ride GW with 'Yampa'. And they got to watch him treat a sick calf out in pasture because the only place you can stand to ride is amoung the cattle and of course Grampa would see a big charolais calf with foot rot. 

These are two of the nicest little boys I've ever seen and that's not just the Granny in me talking. Our daughter is a stay at home mom and she is a good one (buttons popping again). I really admire her husband for how hard he works so that she can do that, in this age of 2 income families.

GW is mostly retired now and this is his most important job. What a great old horse! He's worked on a pasture all his life, long before he came to live with us, and deserves a couple of nice kids to love him. I think those smiles tell it all.

It was a good day after a bad night.




7 comments:

Shirley said...

Old horses and young children are a great match. Got some spare buttons if you need 'em.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Lovely old fella! and some handsome young men! now wonder you are a proud granny!

Crystal said...

aww they look so good up there! Glad she could come see you, are you feeling any better?

ellie k said...

Grandkids just are so special, I know my buttons pop from time to time too. My daughter and daughter in law are stay at home moms. I am so thankful they can be with the little ones, I know that is not always possible for some moms.

LindaG said...

Definitely a couple of cute kids. And I'd never have guessed that the horse was old. I bet GW is proud to have responsibility for your grand-kids. :)

Anonymous said...

What cutie pies! :) So glad for your daughter, I love being able to stay home. It is hard finance wise at times, especially on cowboy wages. BUt the Lord always provides.

Anonymous said...

boy, must be nice to be a stay at home mom even though I don't want to be one :). But my fiance's ex wife will make that hard on us until his daughter grows up.