You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Friday, August 13, 2010

Sigh...


Interesting the damage a bull can do. And I used think the other side of the fence was a safe spot. I'm sure glad they are all moved to the South Camp now. The corrals there are all steel.

Well just another boring day day of cooking. I managed to spend all day doing it but . . . it's sure not like being on a horse. A nurse told me once when patients get grumpy it's a sign they are getting better and will soon be going home. (I hope so, I miss the prairie, seen from the back of a horse, where I feel at home.)

My cowboy is so stuffed he's starting to think that mud pies with cinnamon on it don't taste quite as good as he thought, even if they're 'French' mud pies. Not that he's complaining, except to say that his stomach is too small to put all the food he's been getting into it.

 I'm still working on figuring out why anyone actually likes cooking. I think I've conquered not liking grocery shopping, and I'm getting so I like to eat a little bit better, cooking is next on the list. I was pretty sure it would be the biggest challenge. I know coyotes that hunt and eat but I don't know any that cook.



11 comments:

aurora said...

That fence kinda says it all...

I don't like cooking either. Very time consuming. Makes a big ol mess. Everyone inhales what takes hours to make in seconds, and then you gotta turn around and clean up that big ol mess. It's a lot of work, of course it never bothers me to eat lol.

Hang in there, you'll be back out on the prairie soon (I know, not soon enough). Look at this way, at least you get to go back out. When you do, it will be all the sweeter.

ain't for city gals said...

Yes, cooking is highly over rated but unless you want to eat junk someone has to do it...I don't do French though..lol

Shelby said...

shoot, that sure was an ornery bull

ha! i'm the exact opposite I'm hungry all the time and always making something. though i like baking stuff not cooking, that's boring and you can't lick any good bowls in cooking.

have a great weekend

Crystal said...

Ya, its the cooking that gets me too, but I do like the eating so the cookings worth it. What a mess that bull made of you fence, I guess you guys will never run out of work.

LindaG said...

Hope no one got hurt there. Glad to hear things are going well though. :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I cook, and sometimes I enjoy cooking , but not in summer , too much outside to be doing. And I have rarelty enjoyed grocery shopping , though I went to Costco the other day and that was fun

Shirley said...

Steel is the only way to go with bulls, and the higher the fence the better!
Maybe you can cook some things to freeze so that when you get back to riding you'll have some fine French cuisine to eat at the end of a long day!

Mikey said...

Dang, there's no place safe with bulls!

Anonymous said...

haha... I like to cook! I don't know why... but I do... maybe it's the eating of the finished product??

The Wife said...

We are having a time with keeping Stubby in. I'll be showing all the panels he has bent in the last week making his great escapes. Such a pain!

Keep up the great cooking!!

gtyyup said...

Our leased bull took out a barbed wire fence that My Man had put up just last fall...amazing how a few weeds on the other side of the fence can cause such a ruckus with a bull. Thankfully he's going home today!