You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blue Dog

I spent some time by the dug out waiting today. I was hurting too much to ride anymore and sent my horse to find the other riders and then waited for the truck to come get me. I think I would have been all right if I hadn't had to ride a little too hard and fast to keep some cows we were moving from circling around and crossing back over the creek that they had just crossed.

Blue stayed with me. I knew he would that's why I waited at the dugout, where he could get a drink and a bath.
When he shakes the water off after it reminds me of that song: "Shake your booty, shake, shake because he starts with his ears, then shoulders, then shakes his butt, and finally his tail.




 And apparently rolling makes him happy too.


He's a good dog and a good worker. I really appreciate and love him. Trofass (I always thought that mean true and fast), my Danish grandfather would call him, Old Faithful. 


Then Crystal who helped again today (what would we do without her?) and because she never misses a thing, when I pointed out the Shrike that lives in the yard, she noticed the little snake he had just impailed on a barb on the barbwire fence so of course we had to take a picture of it.



And I noticed her Jeremiah Watt spurs; to me it's like seeing a 2 carat diamond ring on someone's finger.



They are so pretty, but mine jingle, even though, I never wear them. 

Well now I'm going to rest and cook something special for later.



9 comments:

LindaG said...

Hope you feel better tomorrow. ♥
Great dog for sure. :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sorry you are still hurting , but I am glad you got out , and also that you were wise enough not to push yourself any further. Blue looks like a good dog, and I can tell Crystal is a great gal and a good friend

Crystal said...

That top picture of the dugout looks like a beach, good spot to stop at!

Anonymous said...

Blech, snakes! I love your dog! That's awesome that he stayed!

Shirley said...

I don't suppose there is any such thing as taking it easy when you have to keep cows in line... when you say you sent your horse to find the other riders, do you take his gear off and turn him loose? or leave him saddled?
Love those dog pictures, and how Blue has a stand up ear. Sammi has one ear that does that sometimes. They would be a good pair.
You asked about the fire ban- campfires are allowed, big bonfires are not. I'm really looking forward to meeting Crystal, and it would be awesome if you came too.

Cheyenne said...

haha! I love your dog!

The Wife said...

What a good doggie. Prayers for you to mend quickly so you don't have to sit around waiting for the truck anymore!

Mikey said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Your dog is gorgeous and so are those spurs. I would have noticed them too :) NICE :)

gtyyup said...

Gorgeous spurs...which I'd never trust myself with!! Your pup's a doll. But, you need to take it a lil' bit slower~