You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Time to Go Boys


This is what happens when bulls have been out 6 weeks.


Yup it's time to go boys. That poor cow.



These girls had the only shade for miles staked out. I was envious.



I was dreaming of this, but that was yesterday, our wedding anniversary. I've been married to the same cowboy for a really looooooooong time. Not long, though, when you consider we promised 'forever.'


These are my favorite pictures of us. 


We were both wearing the same kind of little brown boots. I wore my out, I guess, but these are his actual boots that his mom gave me. When we first met we were both wearing matching orangy coloured boots (but no pictures of those).

Best decision I ever made, to marry that skinny, homely, poor kid. Not that it's been a road without any bumps but he's a good husband, a good dad, and a top hand that I really admire.




8 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Happy Aniversary! I love what you have done with the boots!

Shirley said...

Well happy anniversary to you and your top hand! Those are just the cutest pictures.

Crystal said...

I never knew those were really his boots, how cute! And I thought I was gonna see a picture of the table???

~ Janis said...

A very Very Happy Anniversary Month to you both!
Such sweet sentiments and great photos.

I got bull questions:

So 70 bulls ? ( this is mind boggling from my perspective )

Where do you get them from ? ( breed auctions, breeders, neighbors? leased, borrowed or purchased? )
How many years do you use the same bull, on average ?

You only put them out for 60 days?
How do you know if all your cows got bred in 60 days ? ( palpate, KMar markers, etc? )

How many cows you got ?
( How many bulls per cow.. )

Acres? ( trying to figure the milage on the bulls )

Are all your Simmental bulls black ?

Have you tried any SimAngus bulls ?
Do the Charolais bulls always give you the most trouble ?
Why do you think its that way ?

We got one Polled Hereford 2.5 year old bull, purchased from a well known Vermont Hereford breeder, for 50 cows on 700 well fenced acres.
We used him last year and he bred 98% of the herd the first 3 weeks he was out and only had 2 tailenders. Still waiting for one to calve.
( see blog )
Ok, I think thats it. Ive been wanting to ask all these bull questions for a long time.
Thanks. Janis

LindaG said...

Congratulations and a belated Happy Anniversary!

Is that the only cow ready to breed? Goodness, haha. As you say, poor cow! :)

Hope you're having a good Sunday! :)

aurora said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the boots!

Linda said...

Happy anniversary! Love the rainbow shot!

Anonymous said...

I love the boots. That's awesome his mom still had them!!!