You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Monday, October 4, 2010

Waiting

Just me, waiting for my cowboy to come back and pick me up. The neighbor boy phoned this morning to say that a rather nasty Long Horn bull that he was taking care of for someone, jumped the corral fence and might now be in with our cows. Just what we need to add to the October chaos, oil patch, hunters, now a Long Horn bull of all things. We used to have Long Horn cattle so I know what this is going to be like. The pictures would be something to see, to say the least.

 Pray real hard that he went to the neighbor's instead. Then it might actually be funny.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a day, now, with all this work to do: cows spread all over tarnation (thanks to oilpatch and hunters), and  a could be big problem bull, we have to spend half the day fussing with the work truck because the fuel pump went. Oh well, such is life. Tomorrow is another day (hopefully not one like today)

Oh no! On top of all that, I just tried to post one picture! Honestly, I didn't pray for patience this time!



10 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

You area treat! I snorked at thet last comment ! good thoughts for you and hoping the nieghbors are good with a rope!and a fast horse!

cheyenne jones said...

I hope you get it sorted, I`m from a farming family, and I do know what a loose bull, with intentions can do, and all the potential damage they can cause!!!!

Jessie said...

Can't wait to hear what the outcome was. I know nothing about Longhorns, but I just know if a strange guy was in with my girls, I wouldn't be too happy about it! LOL

LindaG said...

I have seen some long horn cattle. A small farm between here and Raleigh has a couple. The horns are HUGE.

I hope the bull went the other way, too. *hugs* ♥

Mama Mess said...

Here's hoping he's visiting the neighbor and not your ladies. Sorry the fuel pump went out. It sometimes seems as if every time you need to use something it's broke!

Linda said...

Worse thing you can do is pray for patience....you'll get the opportunity to be patient if you do ;)

The Wife said...

Wow, what a Monday! I do love me some longhorns but they are such pains in the rears! Fence jumping terrors.

Crystal said...

Yikes, dont worry,, soon the cows will be gone and you will be wishing they were back again, and forget all about how horrible it has been.
And it gives you lots of good stories :)

Anonymous said...

If it's not one thing, it's a billion others huh? Hope it all got straitened out!

5 Starr's Farm said...

Nothing worst than loopy eared calves on hereford cows. Not that long horns have lop ears, but you get the picture.....GOOD LUCK !!!