You know you've won, in life, when people pay you to do what you would pay them to let you do


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another Long Day

We just keep working. 




We moved some cows out of the Dragline field, cleaned out the Lake field, found a white bull that was missing and moved him a long painstakingly slow walk all the way to corrals at the South camp.


This is the bull's pee break on the way. Note how much bigger he is than the horse and rider.


 I went ahead to open gates into the nice new corrals and found 3 cows and 3 calves from the neighbors there and put them in the corral. When all that was done we called the owners to take the bull and the cows home.



And of course, there was a limping calf that needed treating. Here my cowboy is just sorting out his rope, a 60 foot gold poly with leaded wire wove into it. It's a heavy rope that works better when it is windy. He actually really doesn't like the thing but ropes are expensive and he's making do with it for this year.

And that was all before lunch. Of course 'lunch' was at 5:00 PM.


12 comments:

Ames said...

That's a long day! And I guess that bull was a little bull-headed too huh. I don't know how you can sit in the saddle that long.~Ames

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Oh my! what a dy.Things winding down soon?

Shirley said...

That bull must be huge, I know you guys ride big horses and he just dwarfs that horse. I like the last photo, you sure do have some good grass left.

Mikey said...

That's a big ol' bull! Love those corrals too. What a long day though...

cheyenne jones said...

I think, you all need a beer!!! Or two!

Mama Mess said...

Whoo hoo that was big ole bully!

LindaG said...

Another long day for sure. And here I was wondering just how many steaks you could get from a bull that size. Didn't know they came that big. He is definitely HUGE.
Hope you all have a good day today!

Anonymous said...

yey, now you should be rid of all the bulls! :) at least you had corrals to put the cows/calves in for the neighbors.

aurora said...

A cowboys work is never done, is it? Hope you find time to rest.

Becky said...

That bull is huge. How old is he? We had a pair of oxen and the last one just died at the age of 16 they where good size but not that big.

The Wife said...

Ugh, lunch was at 5p! I would have passed out. I get majorly grumpy when I'm hungry. So I usually always carry some sort of snack with me. It's for the best!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! My cowboy has been putting in some long hours himself, fall works started this week. I haven't seen him much in the light of day... mornings start at 3, and he usually comes dragging in, in the evening.
It's crazy how spendy ropes are, but then most cowboy equipment is. Which is so weird, because we sure don't make much money!